Need to set forth guidelines, rules and boundaries for the use and restriction of use on your website (hint: if you own or operate a website, the answer to this question is YES!)? Then you need website terms and conditions.
Website terms and conditions constitute a binding legal agreement between a website and its users that sets forth the rules for use of the website and the products and/or services offered by the website. Website terms and conditions are not required by law. However, as a new business owner, it is important to limit your potential liability to as many parties as possible, including: customers, vendors, business partners, employees, AND website users. Placing a terms and conditions page on your website will provide you with some protection from being sued by your website users. Lucky for you, we have a great one right here (see what we did there?).
More About This Template…
This template was drafted by a licensed, experienced business law attorney and reviewed for correctness by a law professor. So trust us, you’re in good hands! This template is easy-to-read and ready-to-use. All you have to do is download and fill in the blanks. But, if you still need some guidance on how to complete the template, we have included drafting notes and comments in the document to help guide you as you navigate the template.
- Delivered in both MS Word and PDF Formats
- Document is 8-pages in length
- Compatible with both PC and Mac
- Available for download on desktop and mobile
- Comes with a “draft” version complete with drafting tips and notes
- Easily customizable with your brand colors and logo
- Ready for upload into any electronic signature platform
- Can be used over and over again for other creative works or new parties
This template includes:
- Space for you to insert your company’s custom refund/cancellation policy and a default policy if you don’t have one yet.
- An option for you to customize the products/services section of the template
- Guidance on how to tailor the terms and conditions for your specific website, product and/or service
- A clause warning potential intellectual property infringers on the illegality of stealing or copying your creative materials displayed on the website
- A clause limiting your liability for any acts committed by website users
- A clause that provides no guarantees to customers regarding their use of your website, products and/or services
- Plenty of legalese to protect you from any potential foolishness
Who Should Use This Template?
- Business Owners
- Service Providers
- Anyone who owns/operates a website (not necessary if you run your site through a third party like Etsy or Pinterest)