Do you work with children? Are you hosting an event where children will be present? Need to take photos of the children to post on social media or include in other promotional material? Make sure you have the children (and their parents or guardians) sign a photo/publicity release…just like this one.
A photo/publicity release grants you (the photographer or content producer) the right to use, publish or display a person’s (in this case a minor child) photo or likeness for commercial profit or benefit. If you need that right, then you need this template. This template firmly establishes your ownership of any photos you take or any content you produce using the likeness of the minor child who signs the agreement. It also grants you, as owner of the content, the right to do whatever you want with the content without any further permission from the child or his/her parent/guardian. Sounds great, right
More about this template…
This template was drafted by a licensed, experienced business law attorney and reviewed for correctness by a law professor. So trust us, you’re in good hands! This template is easy-to-read and ready-to-use. All you have to do is download and fill in the blanks. But, if you still need some guidance on how to complete the template, we have included drafting notes and comments in the document to help guide you as you navigate the template.
- Delivered in both MS Word and PDF Formats
- Document is 1-page in length
- Compatible with both PC and Mac
- Available for download on desktop and mobile
- Comes with a “draft” version complete with drafting tips and notes
- Easily customizable with your brand colors and logo
- Ready for upload into any electronic signature platform
- Can be re-used for different events and event participants
- This contract is drafted with YOU the photo taker/content producer in mind and protects YOU not the minor child or his/her parent/guardian.
This form includes the following:
- A clause asserting your ownership of any photos taken or content produced including the image or likeness of the minor child
- Disclaimer letting the child and his/her parents know they won’t be paid in exchange for the rights to use the child’s likeness…unless you wan them to.
- Some other stuff that you need to protect you and your podcast from any future harm #yourewelcome
Who should use this form?
- Summer Camps
- Anyone who wants to publish a minor child’s photo (this includes social media)