Do you take photos or create other content using the image or likeness of others (i.e. video, artwork, voice recordings…etc.)? Are you hosting an event where you will be taking video or photos of event attendees and using those images for promotional purposes? Before using any of those photos or videos, you may want to make sure your event attendees or photo subjects sign a photo/publicity release…just like this one.
A photo/publicity release grants you (the photographer or content producer) the right to use, publish or display a person’s image or likeness (in a video, photo or voice recording) for commercial profit or benefit. If you need that right, then you need this template. This template firmly establishes your ownership of any photos you take or any content you produce using the likeness of the person who signs the agreement. It also grants you, as owner of the content, the right to do whatever you want with the content without any further permission from the person whose image you may be using. Sounds great, right
More About This Template…
This template was drafted by a licensed, experienced business law attorney and reviewed for correctness by a law professor. So trust us, you’re in good hands! This template is easy-to-read and ready-to-use. All you have to do is download and fill in the blanks. But, if you still need some guidance on how to complete the template, we have included drafting notes and comments in the document to help guide you as you navigate the template.
- Delivered in both MS Word and PDF Formats
- Document is 1-page in length (that’s why a sample is not pictured)
- Compatible with both PC and Mac
- Available for download on desktop and mobile
- Comes with a “draft” version complete with drafting tips and notes
- Easily customizable with your brand colors and logo
- Ready for upload into any electronic signature platform
- Can be re-used for different events and event participants
- This contract is drafted with YOU the photo taker/content producer in mind and protects YOU not the person whose image will be used.
This form includes the following:
- A clause asserting your ownership of any photos taken or content produced including the subject person’s image
- Disclaimer letting the child and his/her parents know they won’t be paid in exchange for the rights to use the child’s likeness…unless you wan them to.
- Some other stuff that you need to protect you and your podcast from any future harm #yourewelcome
Who Should Use This Template?
- Event Organizers
- Radio show hosts
- Anyone who wants to publish a person’s photo (this includes social media)
There are no reviews yet.