If you don’t want to commit to a long-term relationship or partnership with another person or business entity, by jointly establishing a business or partnership, but both of you want to work together to complete a specific project or task, then you need to establish a joint venture by executing a joint venture agreement.
A joint venture agreement is a contractual obligation between two people or entities desiring to complete a certain task together. In establishing a joint venture, both parties remain completely independent of one another and their obligation to one another ends upon completion of the desired task or project. If this sounds like what you’re trying to do, this joint venture agreement can help you accomplish just that.
More about this template
This template was drafted by a licensed, experienced business law attorney and reviewed for correctness by a law professor. So trust us, you’re in good hands! This template is easy-to-read and ready-to-use. All you have to do is download and fill in the blanks. But, if you still need some guidance on how to complete the template, we have included drafting notes and comments in the document to help guide you as you navigate the template.
- Delivered in both MS Word and PDF Formats
- Document is 7-pages in length
- Compatible with both PC and Mac
- Available for download on desktop and mobile
- Comes with a “draft” version complete with drafting tips and notes
- Easily customizable with your brand colors and logo
- Ready for upload into any electronic signature platform
- Can be used over and over again for other joint ventures
This template includes:
- Space for both parties to define their roles and responsibilities
- A clause that outlines how any profits received as a result of the joint venture will be split
- A provision that outlines the financial contributions of each party
- A clause providing instructions on how the joint venture can be terminated prior to completion of the venture
- A clause stating that each party will retain ownership of any intellectual property created by the joint venture
- Tips and guidance on how to establish the agreement between the parties
- Some other legal stuff that makes this agreement super legit
Who Should Use This Template?
- Any person or business entity desiring to form a joint venture with one or more parties